COSTA RICA
HOUSE OF JARA
[Av.7/calle 5]. (Alianza Francesa). It was designed in 1895 in eclectical style by Jaro family.
The design was made by an architect Pirie. One storeyed building. It is in possession of 25-cm
thick walls and a metal porch brought from Belgium. Fasade has very large rectangular windows and veranda supported by six thin columnes.
From the 4-sided roof emerges the iron lookaren.
In the years 1939-1940, the off that time owner Jorge Lara Ireata remodelled that. In 1964 it was abandoned.
In 1988 it was declared the
national monument and in 1995 it was undergone a complete
restoration after buying that by French Cultural Agency.
SAN JOSE
|